Mocktail for breakfast? Yes Please!
The Bloody Mary has been a time-honoured hangover drink.
Introducing Veggie Mary - our greener take on this classic drink which may have some actual efficacy in coping with morning after trauma. Owing to her abundant natural vitamins, zinc, and restorative antioxidants from Urban Tiller’s freshly harvested produce.
Our version includes vitalizing greens and novel characteristics like sour plum (话梅/ hua mei), marinated cherry tomatoes, and a zesty spiced rim.
Delving into the deets
Freakin Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
Delivered within 6 - 8 hours of harvest, the cherry tomatoes from Urban Tiller are the perfect alternative to tomato juice. Cherry tomatoes contain vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants great for boosting one's immunity and anti-aging. Following freezing, their icy state provides the Veggie Mary the chill she needs to retain her cool composure.
A local substitute for tabasco, the Chilify Pineapple Kicks Hot Sauce from Urban Tiller is reminiscent of the kind of chili you'd find accompanying a steaming plate of chicken rice, but with an uplifting fruity jolt.
Packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory vitamins C and K, Red Mustard and Micro Fennel serve as the primary restorative elements of the recipe.
Red Mustard also adds a nice punch while the Micro Fennel lends its unique fragrance to the drink.
Veggie Mary's inclusion of sour plums spikes her profile with a salty-sour flourish, while giving it a touch of Asian influence.
Sweet and sour, you'd never have expected this 开胃菜/ kāiwèicài (appetizer) from Chinese restaurants to be this easy to make. Though optional, we highly recommend including it for the complete experience.
|Urban Tiller Ingredients:
|4 shakes of worcester sauce
|150 g cherry tomatoes (quartered and frozen)
|1 pinch cayenne pepper
|juice of ½ a lime
|½ punnet fennel microgreens (plucked and washed)
|1 tsp sugar
|1 tbsp agave nectar
|½ punnet red mustard microgreens (plucked and washed)
|1 pinch of salt
|2 dried sour plums
|¼ tsp Chilify pineapple kicks hot sauce
|zest of 1 lime
|150 ml plain water
|1 marinated cherry tomato
|2 wedges of lime
|1 sour plum (from tomato marinade mixture)
Prepare marinated tomatoes (Optional)
- Prepare sour plum marinated cherry tomatoes ahead of time (at least 12 hours).
Prepare the fruit kebab (Optional)
- With a toothpick, skewer 1 marinated tomato, 1 lime wedge, and 1 sour plum used to marinate the tomatoes to form a vibrant and tasty kebab garnish.
Rim your glass
- In a shallow saucer combine lime zest, salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Stir with a spoon until you have a well blended seasoning salt.
- Wet the rim of the serving glass with a lime wedge.
- Invert your glass and dip the rim into the saucer with the seasoning so that the powder adheres to it.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the cup of your BRUNO Cordless Blender in the following order:
i. frozen cherry tomatoes
ii. plain water
iii. Worcester sauce
iv. hot sauce
v. lime juice
vi. agave nectar
vii. sour plums
- Cover the Cordless Blender, double-tap the power button, and invert to blend.
- Blend to your preferred consistency.
- When the blender has run its course and the smoothie is harmoniously coalesced, the mocktail done.
To serve, carefully pour your recently blended Veggie Mary into the rimmed glass and rest the fruit kebab on the lip of your glass.
Relish the fruity, vegetal, and savoury-sweet mocktail, most appropriately enjoyed while garbed in a frivolous silk bathrobe.