Original from: daydaycook
Adapted for use with BRUNO Multi Grill Pot
These super soft and fluffy cake are super easy to whip up and the best part - No oven required!
We made mushipan - Japanese steamed cake with the BRUNO Multi Grill Pot. The strong even heating is perfect to ensure the cakes cook and rise up evenly.
For a fun Easter twist, we made them in eggshells. Of course, you can make them in cupcake liners as well and decorate them as cute chicks!
Makes about 8-10
|100g Plain Flour||Melted chocolate|
|20g Corn Starch||Food colouring (optional)|
|6g Baking Powder|
|100g Vegetable Oil|
S T E P S
- Prep eggshells as shown in the video
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl
- Add in wet ingredients and mix well
- Transfer batter to a ziplock bag if desired
- Fill clean eggshells with batter till about 50% full. If using cupcake liners, fill to about 70% full
- Prepare BRUNO Multi Grill Pot and place in steamer rack and fill with water
- Place filled eggshells or cupcake liners in and cover top with a clean kitchen towel before closing the lid
- For eggshells, steam on MED for 20mins; For cupcake liners, steam on LO for 15-20mins
- Poke a skewer through the middle and it should come out clean
- Decorate as desired