Handily dishing out single-serving soups and warm drinks, the Hot Soup Blender is perfect for users who are too-hot-to-handle! It's souper easy to use, just throw in the ingredients and blend, to churn out quick meals puréed to perfection.
One such no-brainer dish is classic mushroom soup — simple, earthy, and soul-soothing it surely represents the pinnacle of convenient meals-for-one. It also happens to be the first in a series of three soup tutorials we're whipping up to showcase the user-friendly versatility of the Hot Soup Blender!
Delving into the deets
While this recipe uses chicken stock, feel free to substitute it with vegetable broth to transform the soup into a hearty vegetarian offering.
Mulling over mushrooms
Any store-bought mushroom will work for this soup, but in-line with this recipe's spirit of convenience, we recommend Button, White, or Shimeji mushrooms as they are the most readily available varieties in Singapore supermarkets, and are affordable too.
Upon using the BRUNO Hot Soup Blender, you’ll soon find that cooking is as easy as piling your ingredients in, and turning it on! Just make sure to note these useful pointers:
- Fill up only to the MAX line — Fill both solids and liquids only up to the helpful Max line located on the interior of the Hot soup blender. Don't fill above it, otherwise you risk making a mess!
- Give it a break — Refrain from running your Hot Soup Blender twice consecutively. Always wash and rest your blender (at least 15 minutes) after every use to prevent overheating.
- Keep it dry — When washing your Hot Soup Blender, keep its exterior, handle, and base dry. One cleaning tip is to make sure to gently pour out soapy or clean water via the spout while washing, so water doesn’t dribble down the sides.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, and garlic to your hot soup blender up to the Max Line.
- Season the veggies with salt and add the stock to the blender until it is level with the Max line too.
- Cover and run the blender on its BLENDED SOUP setting. Leave it to cook (20 - 30 minutes).
- When the blender beeps thrice, the cooking is complete. Pour your freshly made mushroom soup into a deep soup dish and drizzle with cooking cream.
- Garnish with croutons and black pepper.
Serve with crusty bread and your choice of literary entertainment. Enjoy~