With Hari Raya Puasa coming up, we decided to try and make our own curry puff for the occasion!
While it may not be a traditional recipe, we jammed packed ours with lots of vegetables - a great way to introduce more veggies into the meal, especially for the young ones.
For a quick and easy crust, we used... that's right - frozen prata!
We were pleasantly surprised at how crispy and flaky it turned out and it was incredibly easy to use as well.
If you have your own curry puff recipe, comment below and let us know! - we can't wait to see how you make yours~
To our Muslim BRUNO fam, we hope you are surrounded by your loved ones this Hari Raya Puasa and Selamat Hari Raya to all✨
Makes about 15-20 curry puff
|1 Yellow Onion
|10 Frozen prata
|3 Small Potatoes
|2 Small Carrots
|6-8 cloves of Garlic
|30g old Ginger
2 Tbsp Curry Powder
|1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
|250g minced Chicken
|1 cup Chicken stock
|2 sprigs Curry leaves
|2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
|(optional) Hard boiled eggs quartered
|Other fillings: Canned tuna (drained)
S T E P S
- Wash and peel potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and ginger
- Dice potatoes, carrots and onion
- Mince garlic and ginger
- Prepare BRUNO Hotplate with Ceramic Coated Pot and set heat to MED
- Add in cooking oil and heat it up
- Add in diced onions and stir fry till tender. Then add in minced garlic and ginger and stir fry slightly.
- Add in curry powder and turmeric powder and mix throughly.
- Add in minced chicken and stir fry till it is cooked
- Add in 2 sprigs of curry leaves and mix thru
- Add in chicken stock, cover and turn heat to LOW. Simmer for 20mins.
- Remove cover and cook off any excess liquid. Turn off heat and remove curry leaves.
- Prepare frozen prata by splitting it into half. Let it thaw slightly and work with half at a time.
- Add fillings to one side and gently fold the other side over to cover.
- Seal the sides with a fork
- Prepare BRUNO Air Fryer, place curry puffs into air fryer basket and cook at 170º for 15mins.
- Half way through, open air fryer and flip the puffs
- Once done, remove and cool slightly before eating