Fresh popcorn, savoury or sweet, makes the perfect movie night snack. Make aromatic curry, or milky strawberry popcorn for your next screening with the Compact Hotplate's Ceramic Coated Pot attachment that's the perfect kernel popper due to it's wide base and heating area.
Delving into the deets
Neutral vegetable oils (e.g. canola, sunflower, rice bran, etc...) great for popping corn as they don't add any flavour. For a healthier snack consider using olive or coconut oils!
We recommend using the Compact Glass Lid for popcorn popping. This allows you to keep an eye on the corn within the pot to monitor its status and prevent it from burning.
Recipe (yields 4 servings)
- Place the ceramic coated pot on the Compact Hotplate.
- Spoon in the oil and turn the heat to HI.
- Add in the popcorn kernels and quickly stir fry for 2-3 minutes, ensuring all the kernels are evenly coated with oil. The kernels' surface should turn slightly white.
- Cover the pot with the lid and the corn should begin popping shortly. Turn off the heat when the sound of corn popping has slowed down (only 1 pop every few seconds).
- Scoop out the cooked popcorn into a large bowl.
Strawberry Milk flavour
- Spread cooked popcorn out on a silicone mat and drizzle condensed milk over and mix well with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the strawberry powder over the top to finish.
- Place the cooked popcorn, curry powder, and soup stock powder in a paper bag.
- Securely close the bag, ensuring there are no openings
- Shake well and enjoy~