Fluffy, aromatic matcha pancake serves the perfect capsule for a heart of creamy, earthy azuki (red bean) filling. They sure are a matcha made in heaven!
Your Hotplate's Takoyaki plate is used to create the perfect cake pop balls~
Delving into the deets
Bake on LOW and flip the cake pops constantly so you don't colour the pancakes too much, retaining matcha's vibrant green shade.
Recipe (Makes 24)
- Divide the azuki paste into 24 equal parts and roll them into balls.
- Sift the hotcake mix and matcha powder into a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Add the milk, eggs, and honey, to the bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Lightly oil the Takoyaki plate and set the heat to LOW, then pour the hotcake batter into each hole till each is 60% full.
- When bubbles start to form on surface, place one azuki paste ball into the center of each hole. Top off each divot with batter to cover the azuki paste and flip each cake pop with skewers to cook the other side.
- Once cooked, remove the cake pops from the takoyaki plate