A decadent bechamel laced with gooey cheese serves a luscious backdrop for a fresh, green broccoli conifer. The Ceramic Coated Pot attachment for the BRUNO Compact Hotplate with its wide base and reliable heating is ideal to help put this wintertime scene together.
Delving into the deets
Any cheese with a high enough moisture content to melt well can be used in Mac and cheese, and classic cheeses to use include:
Recipe (serves 3-4 pax)
- Blanch the broccoli and cauliflower florets. Cut the capsicum into star and holly shapes and set these aside.
- Place ceramic nabe pot on your compact hotplate and heat it on HI.
- Place the butter into the pot, and add in the chicken and onions to stir fry.
- When onions turn soft, set the heat to LOW. Gradually tip the flour in and stir fry till it is dry, making sure to not burn the mixture.
- Add in the milk bit by bit and mix until it is smooth.
- Turn the heat back up to HI and mix continuously until it boils. The mixture should start to thicken, add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the cooked macaroni and mix. Scatter shredded cheese evenly on top, set the heat to LOW and cover.
- Cook lidded for an additional 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Use the toppings to shape a Christmas tree and serve!