Set your BRUNO Hotplate down on the dinner table with these Christmas cheery Chicky Omu-rice balls peeking out at your diners, and they're bound to go "ho ho ho!".
Delving into the deets
The vegetables in included in this recipe help with its decoration and add to the nutritional value of the pretty plate. as a result, you can swap these out for any of your other favorite greens. Great alternatives may include:
- carrot sticks
- baby/ fingerling potatoes
- pumpkin pieces
- asparagus portions
Recipe (makes 15 omu balls)
- Place the sausage meat, onions, and butter into a microwavable bowl, mix them and microwave at 600w for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and ketchup then mix them together, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Take approximately 2 teaspoon (10g) of the rice mixture and wrap in cling wrap to roll into a ball. Roll out fifteen of these balls and set them aside.
- Blanch the broccoli florets until they are just cooked.
- Cut paprika into star shapes if desired.
- Place takoyaki plate into the BRUNO hotplate and turn heat to MED and apply cooking oil all over.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and mix in the milk.
- Fill takoyaki holes with the beaten egg till 80% full and turn heat to LOW.
- When the egg starts to cook and pull away from the pan, place a rice ball atop each egg filled hole. Fold any overflowing egg inwards and over the rice with a bamboo skewer.
- With skewers, flip each mini omu ball over to cook them on the other side.
- Bake other vegetable toppings in remaining holes, when these are done, turn off the heat.
- Exercise your creativity and draw faces of Santa and his reindeer using the "toppings" ingredients and ketchup.