Crispy and chewy, eggy and elastic, a bite of this bubbly egg waffle will whisk you away to the vibrant streets of old Hong Kong! Use your BRUNO Hotplate and its takoyaki plate to cook up this classic snack without the need for any other specialized equipment!
Delving into the deets
On top of being fluffy, fragrant and flavoursome all on its own, these egg waffles also make an excellent canvas for dressing up with all manner of sweet treat, here are some suggestions:
- ice cream
- whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- fresh mint
- fresh fruit (e.g. banana, berries, dragon fruit, kiwi, etc...)
Recipe (Makes 2-3)
- Sift cake flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the sugar and salt and mix with a whisk.
- Gradually add in the eggs and milk while simultaneously whisking the mixture.
- Add in the melted butter and honey and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Oil the takoyaki plate with cooking oil, then set the heat to MED. Pour the batter across the plate evenly and spread with a spatula. The batter should cover the divots as well as the flat areas of the plate.
- When it puffs up during cooking, flatten with spatula. Repeat this while cooking for 7-8 minutes till golden brown.
- With a spatula and tongs loosen the egg waffle, flip it, and leave it to cook for awhile more (~ 1-2 minutes).