Original recipe from: Inspired Taste
Adapted for use with BRUNO Double Grill Sand Maker in Miffy
It's 21st June and we all know what today is...
Happy Birthday, Miffy~♪
We thought about how to celebrate and decided that there's no better way than to combine two of Miffy's favourite things -
🥕Carrots and cake🎂
This recipe makes about 15 small miffy cakes that are soft and moist on the inside.
We love the inclusion of pecans as it adds a great crunch, but you can opt it out or swap some raisins in instead.
Enjoy the carrot cakes as they are or take the extra step - we highly recommend doing so - and make the super yummy cream cheese frosting to go along~
|Carrot Cake Batter||Cream Cheese Frosting|
|160g Plain Flour||113g Cream Cheese (softened)|
|1 Tsp Baking Soda||57g Unsalted Butter (softened)|
|1/4 Tsp Salt||
1½ cups Powdered sugar±
(adjust according to preferred consistency)
|3/4 Tsp Cinnamon Powder|
|1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil|
|1 Tsp Vanilla Extract|
|2 Eggs (Room Temp)|
|2-3 Carrots (230g~ before peeling & grating)|
|32g Chopped Pecans|
S T E P S
- Wash, peel, grate carrots and set aside
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder
- In another bowl, mix oil, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs together
- Add 1/3 of the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and fold in gently. Repeat another 2 times till fully mixed
- Fold in chopped pecans and carrots
- Transfer batter to a beaker with a spout for easy pouring
- Prepare BRUNO Double Grill Sand Maker (GSM) with Miffy Cake Plate
- Preheat on MED for 10mins
- Once preheated, pour batter into moulds and fill it to the brim. Under-filling will affect the pattern imprint
- Close the GSM and bake on MED for 8-12mins
- Open at the 8mins mark to check if the cake is done.
- Poke with a skewer and if it comes out clean, it is ready. If not, continue baking till it is done.
- Remove and place on cooling rack
Cream Cheese frosting
- Add softened cream cheese and butter to a large bowl and mix
- Then add in icing sugar little by little and mix
- Remember to scrape down the sides and bottom. Add more icing sugar for a thicker frosting.
- Once done, transfer to ziploc/pipping bag
- When the cakes are fully cooled, slice them into 2 halves
- Pipe on cream cheese frosting on one side
- Sandwich with the other side
- For best results, keep in fridge overnight in an airtight container before serving~